-->

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Zeus and Hades

Woof. It's been a while. First, I was changing rooms in the house so that took some time away. And now I'm moving. So today is pretty simple, but it's still a set of toys that I really, really am happy to still own from my childhood.





Years and years ago, when the Disney Hercules movie came out, McDonald's had a line of pretty neat toys as a promotion. I don't remember exactly how many there were, but I want to say somewhere around ten. Each Happy Meal came with a character toy encased in a shell of another character. Hercules came in the Hydra, Panic came in the Fates, Baby Pegasus came in the Lava Titan, a Muse came inside of the Ice Titan, and I think Pain came with the Cyclops? Anyway, those were some of the things you could collect. And my little sister and I had most, if not all, of them. 

As we grew up, like everyone does, we started getting rid of old toys. I have a shit ton of nephews, so we always had a large bin of toys around the house that they were always allowed to play with. Naturally, with any little child, the toys got beat up. I went away to college, and one time I came back home, and I saw that all the Hercules toys were in the Nephew Bin! I wasn't having it. I took them all out, and locked them away in my room, out of reach of my nephews, but more importantly, my parents who were the ones who originally donated those toys to the kids!

Over time, my trips home became less frequent, I lost my room in my parents' house, and I lost track of all those toys I tried to keep in perfect condition. But! I was able to grab my two absolute favorites from that line! Zeus came inside of the Rock Titan, and Hades came with the Cerberus. Their casings were missing, but Zeus and Hades survived. As you can see, they're a little beat up, but they're still pretty awesome!

Fun points of these figures: Zeus' lightning bolts glow in the dark, and Hades' hair is translucent-ish, adding to the fiery illusion.

Fun facts of the movie!: Zeus is voiced by Rip Torn. And Hades is voiced by James Woods. Rip is amazingly crazy, and James is just amazing.

PS- Moving is annoying and I'll be temporarily staying somewhere for the next few months, before finally settling into a place. So expect a different look from my reviews for a while/from now on. I'll be toying around with my methods as soon as I finish posting the reviews I've already taken pictures for!

No comments:

Post a Comment