-->

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Marvel - The Avengers - Shock Strike Thor

Fun fact: I typically enjoy Marvel characters way more than DC characters. I haven't looked too much into why that is; I've just noticed I'm more drawn to X-men and Spider-Man characters, and a few others from different titles. Like, the Avengers! I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't know much about the Avengers before the latest movie came out, and I'm more than okay with that. The important thing to me is that I enjoyed the movie, and I really enjoyed the characters in that movie.

While browsing Target for new figures a while back, I noticed a rather large section of The Avengers figures. Different variations of different characters. Iron Man had about six different figures each with different kinds of brightly colored suits. Thor figures with weird accessories. And ZERO Hulk figures! A huge disappointment to me. Anyway, I grabbed the most normal looking figure I could, and ended up with this Thor.


I guess the easiest way to describe this one is to start with the accessories. First up is the basic hammer. Mjölnir is a bad-ass weapon, if you've seen the movies. Well, I didn't realize how cool it is until the scene in the Avengers where Thor is fighting the Hulk, and you see Thor wielding Mjölnir effortlessly, and then the Hulk tries to pick it up off the floor and can't move it an inch. The HULK! The guy who basically saved the asses of the rest of the team. So yeah, pretty bad-ass.

Pretty simple. But a perfect accessory for the Thor action figure.


And then we have this mess. I guess, to a kid, this might seem like a cool accessory. And maybe in theory it's a fun idea. Having Thor be able to launch an 'electrically charged' Mjölnir at a target. But when this cannon is attached to Thor, it looks stupid. And the figure can't stand on its own. So I'd rather not have it at all. And when I display this Thor, it's never included. I only have him holding the regular Mjölnir.


The picture on the left shows the cannon's wrist-grip in the storage mode, I guess? That's the best way to describe it. When you pull back on the little peg, it changes to the picture on the right. Then you can place that on the wrist of Thor to get this...

Ugh.

So, all in all, I really dig the look of this figure. I like movie-Thor's armor and cape on film. And I really appreciate that the figure is able to recreate the same look for the most part.
(I love love love the cape. Because I'm super gay.)



No comments:

Post a Comment