-->

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Green Goblin

I can tell you right now that most of my posts will be about Power Rangers, WoW, and Star Wars. Those are the lines that I'm most interested in, so it's only natural that I focus on them.

So when I include a toy from a different series, you should know that it really caught my interest! Like today's figure!


I love Green Goblin. He's the iconic villain from the Spider-Man series with a great mixture of crazy and genius (just like the Joker from Batman). I saw this figure mixed in with a bunch of Spider-Mans at Toys 'R' Us, and couldn't pass it up.


Okay! So when you think of Green Goblin, two things come to mind: his glider and pumpkin bombs. So, naturally, those are the accessories with this figure. Nothing too crazy here, just the basic tools of the Goblin, but they're perfect.



As I've mentioned many times, I'm sure, I'm horrible at determining points of articulation. If I counted correctly, there are 10 bendy parts: hips, knees, shoulders, elbow areas, neck, and torso. It's the first time I've seen a torso-y point of articulation before, but I've come to learn that it's pretty common with Marvel figures (and probably others).

I really dig the simulated wind-blown sculpting of Green Goblin. His hood and gloves are made to look like he's cruising around on the glider. 

And! One more thing, the scaly skin. I have never  noticed this detail about Green Goblin anywhere. Never in any comics or cartoons. But apparently it's a thing? I'm down, and it's nice to see it incorporated so nicely.

The back packaging makes me really want Venom, but I have yet to find it. Oh well, no biggie.




No comments:

Post a Comment