-->

Monday, July 22, 2013

Mega Bloks World of Warcraft Creature 3-Pack

Another Mega Bloks micro figure day! This was a nice surprise while browsing Toys R Us. I had never seen this before, and I thought it was a really neat idea. For some people, half the fun of World of Warcraft is the creatures throughout Azeroth.




From what it looks like, there are three sets of two, and each one comes with one of five random creatures. So, to get the entire set, you'll have to buy multiples of each set. I don't like that very much, so I highly doubt I'll attempt to collect this set. I'm a little interested in the middle set, so I might grab that if I get a chance, but I have no desire to spend, literally, over $100 to complete this.

Oh, on the back of this insert shows pictures of how to assemble everything in the particular pack, but I couldn't get a clear shot of that side, and it wasn't super important to show, so I decided to forget about it.



The Fire Elemental is straight up cool. There is another WoW Mega Bloks set that includes a Voidwalker, but it's, like, $40... and I can't justify paying that much for a set when I only want one figure from it.
Also, notice in the bottom right picture, the shackles are removable! Which I think means something in-game, but I can't quite remember.


One figure from each set comes with stand like this one. And the Fire Elemental gets it in this set.



Skoll is an in-game beast found in Storm Peaks, I believe. I think he's the only named creature featured in these little packs. He's pretty simple. Just a blue wolf, basically.


I think this a hearthstone? In-game, it returns the player to an inn or base that the character binds it to. For these creature packs, the back half serves as the other stand for the figures. 


There is a loot bag in each package that contains the parts of the mystery creature.



I received the Jade Tiger in this pack! Again, pretty simple... a jade tiger. 

All in all, I really do enjoy these packs. It's a really cool idea! I just wish there were more than three sets to get, so I wouldn't feel completely used by purchasing multiples to get all the mystery creatures. But still, any micro figure is awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment