-->

Thursday, July 18, 2013

S.H.Figuarts Shinken Red

Hot damn! This was an amazing find! I was at Toys R Us, looking for anything new, and tucked behind some lame Power Rangers toys was a S.H.Figuarts Shinken Red figure! And it was marked down by $10! I've never seen these things in a store before, and I have no idea how this TRU location ended up with one.

I only heard of S.H.Figuarts just a few months ago when they announced the coming of the Red and Green Mighty Morphin figures. I immediately pre-ordered the Red Ranger, and I've been tracking the release of Power Rangers/Super Sentai figures since.

So yes, anyway, this find totally made my day, and I was giddy from the second I picked it up until I brought it home. It's a whopper, so this will be a doozy of a review.




First, a look at the parts. You get the figure, seven other exchangeable hands, a sword, a stick thing, a robot thing, a tablet thing, and a huge-ass sword. I've mentioned in previous posts that I'm not familiar with the Samurai series, so I apologize for the inaccurate names of the accessories. I'm sure these things will be much cooler to me once I finally watch this season.


This thing is so complex it comes with instructions/diagrams for each accessory. Each accessory needs a certain set of hands to hold them. I tried to recreate each panel, to show off each accessory, so we'll just go through each one.


We start with the plain figure. And plain is really a bad description of it. I wrote down how many points of articulation there are, but I lost that note. Let's just say there are a shit ton. Well over twenty. I think it's a given that there is detail on this figure that won't come with any other figure of this Ranger. The helmet is accurate, the costume is perfect, and even includes holsters that no other figure will feature.


This is the huge-ass sword. I mean, this is Final Fantasy caliber size! So unrealistic, but if the theme of the season is Samurai, I guess this kind of weapon is expected. It's a pain to get this guy to hold this sword and balance him to stand by himself. But it's definitely possible. 


Next is the normal sword. Pretty simple, except that it can be inserted into the holster! A very cool, if simple, feature. (I kind of really like the picture on the right. Looks kind of epic.)


I was always thinking that this accessory is the morpher for the ranger. But as I'm typing this, I realize that he's already morphed... so why would he have his morpher?


And the stick thing and robot! Zero clue what these things are. But look! He's holding the stick. And the robot thing is there! I don't get it. I really need to watch this season soon.

So, that's about it! I wish I knew more about this guy, so I could seem more excited. But trust me, I absolutely love this action figure! And I cannot wait until my Red Mighty Morphin figure arrives! Then I'll be working on getting the Green, White, and Pink Mighty Morphin Rangers!

No comments:

Post a Comment