-->

Monday, April 8, 2013

LEGO MiniFigures (Series 9)


Okay, I haven't been actively buying toys for maybe ten or more years? So when I was listening to a recent episode of The Kingdom of Loathing Podcast and heard Mr. Skullhead describing a single pack of LEGO minifigs that you can buy, I got real excited. So the next time I was at a Target, I went straight to the toys section, and hunted for these. Strangely, they weren't in the LEGO aisle--they were stuck between a bunch of Star Wars toys. Anyway, I found them, and I love them!


As you can see, based on the front and back packaging, this is Series 9 of the line, aparrently. And there are sixteen figures to collect.



This is the insert included with the figure. A checklist of all sixteen to collect, and a diagram of how the figures are put together. Pretty simple.

And now onto the figure!



Obviously, this is a police officer. It comes with legs, a torso, a head, a hat, a badge, handcuffs, and a stand. Like I said at the beginning of this post, I haven't been in the habit of buying toys for a long time, so I may be incorrect in saying this, but what I like about these individual minifig packets is the amount of detail in each one. The face has cheek and chin lines, the shield on the hat is raised (not just painted on), and the uniform and badge have amazing details. I'm just really impressed with how amazing this police officer looks. And even the other three figures I've gotten so far. Maybe LEGO is putting this much detail into all figures now, but this was a good reintroduction to my favorite aspect of LEGO after so long.





No comments:

Post a Comment