-->

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Power Rangers Samurai

This week brings a double review, both toys from the Power Rangers Samurai series. Samurai and Super Samurai were the two previous Power Rangers seasons. And since they're likely the last Power Rangers toys from previous seasons that I'll be purchasing, I've decided to knock them out with one post.





First up, the Toys 'R' Us exclusive Power Rangers Super Samurai Samurai Ranger Team. Woof. That is a ridiculous complete name for a toy. This is very similar to the Megaforce Ranger Pack that I reviewed a few weeks ago.


As you can see, six Ranger figures are included. Each comes with its own sword, but the Pink and Yellow Rangers have their own specialized weapons too. And, it appears that the Gold Ranger has a cell phone-type morpher and a sheath for his sword. I may be completely mistaken, though, as I have not watched these seasons yet.

And, since I haven't opened this package yet, I stole close up individual pictures from Bandai's website.


And onto the next piece: Mega Bloks Power Rangers Samurai Micro Figures (Series 1)


Packaging is pretty simple. It's a little more creative than the LEGO minifig packs, but the same concept.


Just like the LEGO minifig pack and the Mega Blocks WoW pack, the insert includes a checklist for the series and a guide to putting the figures together.Nothing new.


Included in the pack are legs, a torso, a head, a helmet, a belt, a weapon, and standing block. Again, like with LEGO and other Mega Bloks sets, I'm amazed by the detail put into these! The Samurai symbol on the chest and belt, and even the weapon! And man, the weapon! I don't know how something so simple can get my attention so easily. It's just pretty!


So, that's about it. There is my Power Rangers Samurai toy collection in its entirety. Simple, but entertaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment